Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-04-10

[Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Empty
PostSubject: [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.   [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:12 am

Hi,
fot the people who don't know how to use RME yet, here is the FAQ. It explains alot, but if you still have a question, you can ask it here and we can awnser it.

Issues
Q: I can't see any spawns or creatures!
A: Click Show in the top menu and then check Show Creatures and Show Spawns.

Q: I can't start the editor! It says "Incorrect application configuration"!
A: If you get this message when starting the editor, you don't have the .NET 2.0 framework installed. You can download it here.

Hotkeys
Q: How do I change floor?
A: Use the "+" and "-" keys at your keyboard or hold down CTRL and scroll with the mouse wheel.

Q: How do I rotate items?
A: Use the "z" and "x" keys at your keyboard.

Q: How do I zoom in and out?
A: Use your scroll-wheel or the / and * buttons on the numpad. You can reset zoom by holding down ctrl and clicking the center mouse button.

Q: How do I take a screenshot?
A: You can take a screenshot by pressing F11 anytime you have a map open.

Q: Is there any way to move around on the map easier than using the scrolls?
A: Yes, hold down mouse3 (scroll-wheel button) and move your mouse.

Q: Can I set my own hotkeys?
A: Yes, when you have a brush selected, press CTRL + any of the numkeys (0-9) (at the top of the keyboard, not the numpad) to set that brush to a specific hotkey. Hit just the numkey to recall the same brush.

Houses
Q: How do I erase house tiles/PZ?
A: You can erase with any brush by holding down the CTRL key and drawing. (Shift still works as normal)

Q: What are all those water splashes near my houses?
A: The house exit is displayed as a water splash to notify you where the house exit is located.

Q: How do I add houses? The "Add house" button ain't click-able.
A: You'll need to add a town to your map (map->edit towns) before you can add houses then just use the house palette.

Tools
Q: How do I drag with the brush/selection tool like in the video?
A: Hold down shift and drag with the mouse.

Q: The walls have the wrong orientation! How do I rotate them?
A: Hold down ALT with the wallbrush selected and click on the tile to rotate that wall. If you hold down ALT while dragging a wall with SHIFT it won't "mesh" with other nearby walls (You can then place two wall adjacent to eachother).

Q: I want another tree! Can I scroll through different variations?
A: Hold down CTRL and click space while having the doodad brush selected and the variation will shift.

Q: How do I copy/paste/move a part of the map?
A: If you have an item or brush selected hit space to select the "pointer" (or whatever it's called). Now hold down shift and drag the mouse while holding down left mouse button to select an area. Now you can simply move the selected area or hit ctrl+c and then ctrl+v to paste it into the editor. You'll need to hit left mouse button before you apply the pasted content to the map itself.

Q: How do I use the erase tool?
A: Select the erase tool in the "tools" section.
If you just click the left mouse button you'll only remove items at the current position.
If you hold down ctrl while clicking with the left mouse button you'll delete both items and ground tiles.
If you hold down shift and the left mouse button you can select an area of where you want to delete all items.
If you hold down ctrl, shift and the left mouse button you can select an area of where you want to delete all items and all ground tiles.
Unless you uncheck the option "Eraser leaves unique items" in the preferences menu the eraser will not delete containers with items in them or items with unique and/or action id.

Q: I can't find a certain item, where is it?
A: You can find all items using the "Raw Palette" or search for it by pressing "J" (Jump to item) on your keyboard. You can search for both item names and IDs. A list with all items found for your search string will appear in a list below. If you want to jump directly to the RAW palette and bypass the other palettes (Like in SimOne's) you can change the behaviour by tapping CTRL+J.

Q: I can't place staglamites on the water! What crap is this?
A: You can place doodads on blocking tiles by holding down ALT (this is default behaviour for some types of doodads).

Q: How do I add my own creatures/NPCs to the editor?
A: Go to the file menu, click import, click "Import Monster(s)". Goto the folder with your monster/npc files and just click "Open", they can now be found under the "Other" or the "NPC" category in the creature palette. If you load a map with non-default monsters the will be added by the editor automaticly but with blank outfits.

Other
Q:
Some tiles are black and graphics are messed up!
A: You entered the wrong folder when the editor asked for 8.0 datafiles (you entered the path for another client version). To fix, simply rename your 8.1 folder to something else, restart the editor, it should ask for a new path. Enter the correct path to the 8.0 files and it should work perfectly!

Q: The NoPVP / PVPZone / No logout things are cool, but they don't do anything! wtf?!
A: Your server distribution needs to support it. Any server based on latest SVN should work.

Q: How do I create a spawn with a radius greater than 30 sqm?
A: This is disabled in the editor for performance reasons. If you really need larger spawns (you should reconsider), you can change the value MAX_SPAWN_RADIUS in the registry to a larger value. Note that this will require more memory & CPU.
credits to GriZzm0

stickied by Demon Eldorath.

Last edited by Survivor on Thu May 15, 2008 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : stickied, adding spawn problem)
Back to top Go down
Skip
User
User
Skip

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.   [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:40 pm

Nice, although it isn't from you^^

Helps me a lot, lot things are new for me XD
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.   [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:44 pm

yea, it helped me too, that's why I posted it here.
BTW, I heard that the rme will get updated soon! Maybe better organized, more doodad :O more choices of borders, who knows!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.   [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:46 am

I'll sticky this. It'll come handy for those who doesn't already know.
Back to top Go down
http://niklas.nilssons.net
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.   [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:23 pm

Wohoo, i didn't noticed you stickied it. GrizZmo did a great job by doing that, the only thing I don't get is why grizzmo did it and not remere:P When I see some more problems people get i'll add it in here.
Back to top Go down
SupX
User
User
SupX

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.   [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:35 am

great!
get more faq and more tutorials from otfans and lay it here :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.   [Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Editor Info] Remere's map editor FAQ.
Page 1 of 1