Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deleteling post counts?

Go down 
+2
Milosovitch
Basti
6 posters

Post counts, or not?
Yes
Deleteling post counts? Vote_lcap73%Deleteling post counts? Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
No
Deleteling post counts? Vote_lcap27%Deleteling post counts? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Basti
Great User
Great User
Basti

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Deleteling post counts? Empty
PostSubject: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Hey people.

I know... many ppl say that the post count doesn't matter, but most pll still watch at the post counts and think the following things:
This:"Oh, a spammer. What a newb!"
or this:"Oh, a newb. just 100 post counts, and i have already 1000! I won't even answere this noobie!"
or this:"mhm.. doesn't matter. But i know that he has less post counts. Can't trust him."

For sure there are many other sentences that ppl could think of them.

Well, if they don't matter for you here, why not just deleteling them? I think they're annoying!

If there weren't post counts, you could just post, chat, etc, etc without getting problems with your post-count.

It's my oppinion.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Milosovitch
Great User
Great User
Milosovitch

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:00 pm

I said Yes
But you dont deserve them by spamming
they show your activity on the board

Also the thing with

Quote :
or this:"Oh, a newb. just 100 post counts, and i have already 1000! I won't even answere this noobie!"
or this:"mhm.. doesn't matter. But i know that he has less post counts. Can't trust him."
Is fully true
Dont say somthing about people just cause they have a low postcount...
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:01 pm

I don't care actually,
It is good to see if a member is new or not, but people should act/behave like they do to anyone else. So in my opinion it is good to remain the post-count, but the rules must be sharpend and there must be a punishments for 'discriminating' people with a low post count. If the newb thinks he is discriminated in that way, he should contact a mod.

But I also don't care if it's removed.
Maybe you could make a option: 'Don't care' or something.

Air,
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

Number of posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:03 pm

I would suggest to get an online time on vB (which is possible if I'm right) so you can see how many hours people have been online, so active Smile
But I won't vote because I don't really care
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Heer Karel wrote:
I would suggest to get an online time on vB (which is possible if I'm right) so you can see how many hours people have been online, so active Smile
But I won't vote because I don't really care

that's a good idea, but then people who don't post will just let the window open...
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Hmm, like I do from time to time, yes, but I think it's a better solution if you don't let people know there is a time counter on the forum and if only mods/admins can see it, they won't let the window open Surprised
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:09 pm

Heer Karel wrote:
Hmm, like I do from time to time, yes, but I think it's a better solution if you don't let people know there is a time counter on the forum and if only mods/admins can see it, they won't let the window open Surprised

Then you don't know if he's new or not Razz

And btw, as this is a good poll, I move this to the poll section.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Hmm, yeh
Or you just look at the content of the posts the user has?
Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Ok, to be honest I agree with you.
Though these post counts are needed, they work not only for you users, but for me as well, since it is part of my statistics that you guys simply don't follow.
When we move to Vbull, I've already looked into a new feature, that will measure users not only by post counts, but by rep, online time, how many attachments, how many times your thread has been looked into... lots of statistics that will compose your 'level' inside the community. Since it's completely controlled, you cannot spam or stay online all day to get levels, you really have to be active.

And oh, don't forget all these things will be lost after we move, so you will start from post count 0 again. We will have to move most of the thread by hand...
It will be bad at first, but eventually will work out.

C ya all
Back to top Go down
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net
Basti
Great User
Great User
Basti

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Okay. I like your new feauture =)
Its better than postcounts aswell!
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:33 am

Yeah, great idea & mod. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:52 am

Ok, once I finish setting up Vbull this will be this first mod to be installed.
I found some pretty nice ones too and I pretend to make ones myself. It's all PHP based and I have some experience with it. I'll prolly have to study a bit more to make nice mods though.

Imma close this thread and poll, since it makes no sense to keep it open.
You all know what will come and what will be done. Any suggestions, feel free to PM me or open a new thread. And please read the announcement area.

C ya all
Back to top Go down
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deleteling post counts?   Deleteling post counts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deleteling post counts?
Page 1 of 1