Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Box VS Chit Chat

Go down 
+5
Demon Eldorath
Seabitz
Joah
Heer Karel
Survivor
9 posters

What do you like more? The ChatBox or the ChitChat?
Chat Box!
Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_lcap43%Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Chit Chat!
Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_lcap29%Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
No idea..
Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_lcap0%Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I like them both.
Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_lcap28%Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_rcap
 28% [ 4 ]
I dislike them both.
Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_lcap0%Chat Box VS Chit Chat Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Chat Box VS Chit Chat Empty
PostSubject: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:31 am

Hello,

I was wondering what everybody thinks about the ChatBox and the ChitChat. For the people who don't know it: The ChatBox is the channel where you can Login at the main page and the ChitChat is a board where you can talk about everything. The ChitChat is closed ATM because there were some problems with spamming, but if the mods can change it so the posts don't count in the ChitChat it would be alot of fun.

I prefer the ChitChat because it is more synoptic.
I dislike the spamming thing, but if the posts don't count in there and the mods will watch the topic a bit it won't be a problem at all.

I dislike the ChatBox because there are more conversations at the same time. It is hard to follow the conversations if you are mapping at that moment. The most times I'm mapping and at the same time checking the forum.Than it gets pretty hard to follow the ChatBox. The ChitChat in this is easier to follow because you can see to the title which conversation is going on and if someone has reacted.

Joah wrote:
I agree with ye, also I'd like to know why everybody is so posessed with having a big post count... why? ..
But as ye said the ChitChat is batter, I prefer it cause you can start up a topic that you would like to discuss and no one would interupt! Also its more suitable for posting pictures and fonni stuff.. :O (ChitChat is just easier to deal with)

The ChatBox is boring.. if ye leave it as it is I dont know if ye get left "away" or you get logged out..Its just crap cause as ye said, no one would deal with that chat if they were mapping at the same time.. <- es crap..
I agree with this.

This is my point of the view. If you have another view, please tell it to me.

Regards,
SuRv1vOr..

Last edited by Survivor on Sun May 25, 2008 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:46 am

I'm thinking exactly the same as you, and I dislike chat because the stupid auto-refresh >.>
Back to top Go down
Joah
User
User
Joah

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:53 am

I agree with ye, also I'd like to know why everybody is so posessed with having a big post count... why? ..
But as ye said the ChitChat is batter, I prefer it cause you can start up a topic that you would like to discuss and no one would interupt! Also its more suitable for posting pictures and fonni stuff.. :O (ChitChat is just easier to deal with)

The ChatBox is boring.. if ye leave it as it is I dont know if ye get left "away" or you get logged out..Its just crap cause as ye said, no one would deal with that chat if they were mapping at the same time.. <- es crap..

Btw, why are there a post counter anyways? :S
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:43 am

because it's a free forum and it can't be turned off, and we had the discussion about post counts before on this forum Surprised
Back to top Go down
Seabitz
User
User
Seabitz

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:56 am

I like both of them Very Happy.

Joah wrote:

Post counts is needed, maybye not now, not here. But when the community gets big (hopefully in vB) it's really needed. Dunno how to explain.

Not that I care about it that much (I r no(1) spammer..! Nib0rz is teh spamMachine,!).
Back to top Go down
http://otland.net/
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:02 am

Seabitz wrote:

Joah wrote:

Post counts is needed, maybye not now, not here. But when the community gets big (hopefully in vB) it's really needed. Dunno how to explain.

Not that I care about it that much (I r no(1) spammer..! Nib0rz is teh spamMachine,!).

why do I have 3x your post count then? Smile
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:08 am

Chit chat <3

Well, ain't Bruce able to turn of post counts at special areas on this forum?
Back to top Go down
http://niklas.nilssons.net
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:10 am

Demon Eldorath wrote:
Chit chat <3

Well, ain't Bruce able to turn of post counts at special areas on this forum?
I don't know, never had a darkbb forum, but I do know that you can't just remove the post count on freeforums
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:33 am

Seabitz wrote:

Joah wrote:

dude... just because we get vB it doesn't mean that postcount is necessary, but still, people tend to dislike it being disabled.

And I don't spam plzz

@topic
chatbox, but shoutbox is better
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:18 am

I like both of them, since I don't map alot anymore and just can follow it Razz
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:11 am

Joah wrote:

I think the post counter is needed. If you ask a question about mapping and someone who's known on the forum with 1000 posts react at it, you can probably count on it that he said the right thing. If a new guy with 50 posts react at it, you can never know it for sure..

Joah wrote:

I agree with this, I'll add it in the explaination of the ChatBox and ChitChat Smile

About the post count in ChitChat;
Maybe if doesn't have to be turned off. Look at OTFans. They have a everything-chat (Lounge), without spamming. Why? Becuase the mods will take care of it when they do. But the spam games like karel started are special for spamming. I think those threads may not be allowed.

yours,
SURv1vOr..
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:17 am

I started it with unknowingness it would be so popular, so don't blame me it's my fault they spam there >.>
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:22 am

maybe it wasnt meant to, but it still was a spamming thread Razz
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:26 am

yes, but it wasn't my fault (you blame me), if somebody should get the blame, it's bruce because he made teh Chit Chat Smile
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:39 am

nop.. Now your moving it to the mods. YOU made the thread so YOU are responsable. The ChitChat is a chat for everything, but not for spamming. If I create a thread "Spam as much as you can!" in the help section, is it Bruce's fault then because he made that section?
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:45 am

Survivor wrote:
nop.. Now your moving it to the mods. YOU made the thread so YOU are responsable. The ChitChat is a chat for everything, but not for spamming. If I create a thread "Spam as much as you can!" in the help section, is it Bruce's fault then because he made that section?
I'm saying you shouldn't blame me! I don't know people would spam there, do you think I'm special and can look into the future? because then you're so wrong! And I'm not responsible whatsoever for any spam in that thread, I didn't want people to spam there, and if they do, I don't care about it, but I don't wanna get the blame for it
Back to top Go down
Clary
User
User

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:24 am

chat box

@demon yes bruce can create an area with uncountable posts
and i am using darkbb since 7 months.
Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Ok, back from my trip!

Alright, I've seen you guys really like Chit Chat and I promise it will be created and working properly in our new link.
So far, we are some days from moving to Mappers Guild and theres no need to rush it.
We will have lots of new stuff in our new forum and some surprises for sure. I've been talking to some new people about some affiliations, sponsoring and a design service. Soon you will all know about it.

For now, let's stay using this forum. MappersGuild is comming. It took a bit more time than I thought because of documents issues, but all of them have already been solved.

C ya all!
Back to top Go down
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box VS Chit Chat   Chat Box VS Chit Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chat Box VS Chit Chat
Page 1 of 1